Monday, June 21, 2010

Stefani aint sleeping tonight

I am living, or trying to live, in Shanghai.

Much to the amusement of the never tiring,ever staring Chinese men, I was just out in my pyjamas on the streets by myself. It was 3am, and I was in a desperate bid to find anything that looked remotely like it could help me.

Difficult. Do you understand chinese? ..... I dont.




My glands are so swollen and inflated I am toad lady.

What an unbecoming name.

An unbecoming name for a girl with an unbecoming illness in her throat.

I have sucked my way through a packet of chinese "watermelon frost throat lozengers" with no feeling of relief.

(Dont trust chinese packaging. There was nothing watermelon about them. They tasted more like spooning tigerbalm into your mouth. )

How wonderful to find myself feeling this way. Sick, the second time in two weeks.
The first time I got sick, my Chinese friend 'fairy', a true sweetheart, said ' Why are you sick? Its summer. Australia is too clean'.

My head wanted to say... "well actually fairy, have you noticed that air quality is really poor here?" It smells like rotten egg half the time. Did anyone tell you I dont DO eggs? I tried eating some fancy egg omlette thing for breakfast recently and I actually thought I was an egg the whole day.

Im going to stop talking about eggs and try and get some shut-eye.

Love:
poor, suffering,
whiney,
blimey,
chinese - grimey,

me.

No comments:

Post a Comment