Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I have a friend who eats dog.

I made a new friend today. Her name is Anna. She's a Polish-born model who's lived in China for 6 years. What keeps her here? Her chinese boyfriend, work, and the food.

What does she eat? "everything, even when I go home in my country I cant stay for too long because I miss the food here"

A list of what I can remember ---
- Frogs
- Pig brains ( " yeah, ofcourse, I wish I could make you try them. They taste like tofu and egg white. I eat like five at a time" )
- Liver
- Intestines
- Tongue
- Neck
- Feet
- Snake
- Blood
- Crickets/cockroaches
- Dog (When she was sick it made her better, but then again, apparently "you can only eat this kind of meat two times a year, you know? Is Different."
- And, saving the best till last: bull's testicles.

This is a girl who talks more than me. So, adding fireworks to the wildly adventurous persona she has already presented to me(which has left me dumfounded), she moves on. Anna continues by telling me she "used to have a 1.8metre snake and a large bird eating spider which was 20cm in diamter and very hairy".

Oh, but she had to give them away.

She neglected to feed the snake for too long, and it coiled around her neck and tried to strangle her. Luckily her brother was there to save the day.

Her spider spat its poisenous hairs onto her leg when it was startled. Apparently it had been sitting in her lap when Anna's friend walked into the room, noticed the spider, and screamed louder than anyone anna had ever heard scream.
Anna ended up with a very swollen leg for a few days - however, luckily she was wearing jeans, which she was forced to throw away. Otherwise, I am told, "it could have been much worse."

What did her parents think?, I ask.

"Well my mum, she never went in my room. But it was okay, because I kept them in a...how do you say....aquarium thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment